I have decided to start a baking post which will be posted every Friday, just in time for the weekend! Sorry about the timing of this first post, I have had mock exams and therefore have been really busy!
If you have any suggestions for types of recipes or bakes, please leave a comment below 🙂
Hope you try out these scrummy brownies,
My Indulgent Oreo Brownies
Cooking time : 25-30 Minutes
Cooking Temp: 180°c/ Gas mark 4/ 350F
- 165g/5.5oz butter + extra for greasing
- 200g/7 oz dark chocolate, grated or finely chopped
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg yolks
- 1 vanilla pod (seeds only) or 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 165g/5.5oz soft light brown sugar
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp cocoa powder
- Pinch of salt
- 155g of oreos, broken into roughly quarters
- Icing sugar for dusting
For this beautiful pink ceramic mixing bowl by Ella James, visit Not on the Hight Street by clicking here.
- Preheat the oven to 180°c/350F/Gas mark 4.
- Grease a 20cm/ 8in square baking tin with butter, then line with baking paper, with the paper overlapping the side a little.
- Melt the butter in a pan over a medium heat. When the butter has melted, remove the pan from the heat and add the grated (or chopped chocolate).
- Leave to stand for a few minutes or until the chocolate melts and stir together.
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and vanilla together in a large bowl until the eggs begin to get light and fluffy.
- Add the sugar in 2 additions, whisking between each.Pour it around the side of the egg mix, so as to to knock out all the air that has been whisked in. Keep mixing until the mixture has become stiffer.
- Once the egg mixture is ready, pour the melted chocolate into it, again round the sides so as not to knock the air out.
- Add the flour, cocoa powder, salt, and a third of the oreos and stir in until fully combined.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin.
- Scatter the remaining oreos on top, pressing them in slightly.
- Place in the oven and bake on the middle self for 25-30 minutes -the middle of the brownie should look slightly gooey when ready.
- Take out of the oven and leave the brownies to cool in the tin – the top will sink and crack a little.
- Remove the brownies from the tin using the overlapping corners of the baking paper.
- Cut into the desired shape e.g squares or traingles.
- Dust with icing sugar.