Heya everyone, happy friday!
I hope last weekend’s Oreo Brownies tasted amazing + I only have 1 mock exam left 🙂
Enjoy this weekend’s recipe – it’s simple yet the end product still tastes amazing!
My Classic Chocolate Chip Cookies
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Cooking temp: 160°c/Gas Mark 3/ 325F
- 225g/8 oz light brown sugar
- 100g/3½ oz caster sugar
- 175g/ 6 oz butter, melted
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg + 1 egg yolk
- 250g/9 oz self-raising flour
- 100g/3½ oz milk chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 160°c ( 140°c fan)/325F/ Gas Mark 3.
- Line 2 baking sheets with greaseproof paper.
- Cream together the two sugars, butter and vanilla extract until pale and well whipped.
- Beat in the egg and yolk, followed by the flour and the chocolate chips.
- Drop tablespoons of the mixture onto the prepared trays, leaving plenty of room to spread.
- Bake the cookies in batches for 15 minutes or until the edges are starting to brown, but the centres are still chewy.
- Transfer to a wire rack and leave to cool.
Top Tip – Try using a mixture of white and dark chocolate chips for variety