Heya, happy friday!
I hope last weeks’ Lemon and Poppy Seed Cake tasted delicious! Today’s recipe is an indulgent Chocolate Tart, perfect for the weekend 🙂
My Indulgent Chocolate Tart
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Cooking temp: 200ºc/ Gas Mark 6/ 390F
- 225g / 8 oz ground almonds
- 225g / 8 oz butter, softened
- 225g / 8 oz caster sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp unsweetened cocoa powder, plus extra for dusting
- 75g / 2½ milk chocolate, grated
- 3 tbsp plain flour icing sugar for dusting
For The Pastry:
- 100g / 3½ oz butter, cubed and chilled
- 200g / 7oz plain flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- First make the pastry. Rub the butter into the flour until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs.
- Stir in just enough cold water to bring the pastry together into a pliable dough then chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 200°c (180°c fan)/ Gas Mark 6 / 390F
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface and use it to line a 23cm (9in) round tart case. Prick the pastry with a fork, line with cling film and fill with baking beans or rice.
- Bake for 10 minutes then remove the cling film and baking beans.
- Whisk together the almonds, butter, sugar, eggs, cocoa, chocolate and flour until smoothly whipped, then spoon the mixture into the pastry case.
- Bake the tart for 25 minutes or until the filling is cooked through and the pastry is crisp underneath.
- Dust the tart with a little cocoa or icing sugar and serve hot or cold.
Top Tip – Try serving the tart with orange sorbet for a refreshing accompaniment.
Comment if you liked the recipe and also other other types of bakes you want to see on Fridays 🙂