Heya everyone, happy friday!
I hope last weeks’ Chocolate Tart tasted indulgent! Today’s recipe is for my Tempting Wholemeal Blueberry Muffins , great for this weekend 🙂
My Tempting Wholemeal Blueberry Muffins
Cooking time : 20-25 minutes
Cooking temp : 180°c/ Gas Mark 4 / 350F
- 1 large egg
- 120 ml / 4 fl. oz sunflower oil
- 120 ml / 4 fl.oz whole milk
- 357g / 12½ oz wholemeal self-raising flour, sifted
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp mixed spice
- 200g / 7 oz caster sugar
- 100g / 3½ oz blueberries
- 2 tbsp sugar nibs
- Preheat the over to 180°c (160° fan) / Gas Mark 4 / 350F and line your muffin tray with either sqaures of greaseproof paper or muffin cases.
- Beat the egg in a jug with the oil and milk until well mixed.
- Mix the flour, baking powder, mixed spice, sugar and blueberries in a bowl, then pour in the egg mixture and stir just enough to combine.
- Divide the mixture between the paper cases and sprinkle with sugar nibs, then bake in the over for 20-25 minutes.
- Test with a wooden toothpick, it is comes out clean, the muffins are done.
- Leave to cool before serving.
Top Tip – Try adding the finely grated zest of an orange to the muffin mixture for added zing.
Comment if you liked the recipe and also other other types of bakes you want to see on Fridays 🙂